Join Bowie Tour London's Nick Stephenson for a unique musical walking tour of Beckenham, an area rich with David Bowie history where he wrote many of his greatest songs! Visit the site of Haddon Hall where rock 'n' roll history was made and learn of how David Bowie dreamed up his famous Ziggy Stardust persona. Get a unique insight into the venue where he rehearsed for his classic Hunky Dory album and visit the original site of the famous Beckenham Arts Lab.
This tour will feature classic David Bowie songs performed en route plus anecdotes and stories from his life.
Landmark areas of the tour will include:
- Site of Haddon Hall – Discover the location of Haddon Hall and the story of David Bowie and the Spider’s lives at a supposedly haunted Victorian Mansion
- Beckenham Place Park – Visit the beautiful park where a famous David Bowie photo shoot took place in the summer of 1969
- Bowie’s first Beckenham home – Hear of what happened when Bowie first moved to Foxgrove road Beckenham – an experience that would change his life forever.
- Beckenham Arts Lab at the Three Tuns – Discover what happened when Bowie and few close friends started up a centre for the creative arts in 1969.
- Beckenham Bandstand – See the legendary bandstand where Bowie helped organise a free festival in the summer of 1969 and learn about it’s fascinating legacy.
Songs included on the tour:
Oh! You Pretty Things
Memory Of A Free Festival
Hang On To Yourself
Rock ‘n’ Roll Suicide
All The Young Dudes
...and many more!
It is advised you book your tour at least a week in advance. Tours will only run with a minimum of 5 people. You will be given 72 hrs notice if ticket sales are low for the tour you have booked onto. If sales increase to 5 people or over, the tour will go ahead and you will be notified accordingly. Full refunds will be given at 24 hrs notice if no further tickets are sold for your tour.