IMPORTANT: You will need to have a Facebook profile to join our virtual David Bowie tours. All our virtual tours are run through a private Facebook group for paying guests.
Welcome to David Bowie’s Beckenham - A Virtual Musical Walking Tour!
A virtual music tour centred around the life and music of the legendary David Bowie.
Are you looking for a unique, interactive live tour experience you can watch in the comfort of your own home from anywhere in the world?
Bowie Tour London offer a unique virtual musical walking tour of Beckenham, an area rich with David Bowie history where he wrote many of his greatest songs! View the site of Haddon Hall where rock 'n' roll history was made and learn of how David Bowie dreamed up his famous Ziggy Stardust persona. Get a unique insight into the venue where he rehearsed for his classic Hunky Dory album and see the original site of the famous Beckenham Arts Lab.
Landmark areas of the tour will include:
- Site of Haddon Hall – Discover the location of Haddon Hall and the story of David Bowie and the Spider’s lives at a supposedly haunted Victorian Mansion
- Beckenham Place Park – Virtually visit the beautiful park where a famous David Bowie photo shoot took place in the summer of 1969
- Bowie’s first Beckenham home – hear of what happened when Bowie first moved to Foxgrove road Beckenham – an experience that would change his life forever.
- Beckenham Arts Lab at the Three Tuns – Discover what happened when Bowie and few close friends started up a centre for the creative arts in 1969.
- Beckenham Bandstand – Zoom in on the legendary bandstand where Bowie helped organise a free festival in the summer of 1969 and learn about it’s fascinating legacy.
Sing along with Nick Stephenson to David Bowie’s classic songs, performed live during the virtual experience.
Please feel free to ask the host any questions on the way round, have conversations with other Bowie fans and sing along with everyone!
Once you have purchased your ticket(s) to this tour you will be contacted via email and given a unique access code to the private Facebook group, David Bowie's Beckenham - A Virtual Musical Walking Tour. You can only access this group with a unique code and by answering the group questions.
Be sure to arrive at the group at least 10 mins before the virtual tour starts to avoid missing the start of the Live Video.
Here are just a handful of the songs included on this tour: