Join us for an all-encompassing musical journey from birth to death of one of London’s biggest icons.
Experience the colourful and diverse cultural heritage of David Bowie’s vibrant hometown of Brixton.
• Witness the iconic London venue where Bowie played a homecoming show in 1991 and hear the story of how the Brixton Academy came to be a hotspot for many of the worlds most influential and ground breaking artists.
• Stand outside the house where a young David Robert Jones was born and learn of the fascinating and often tragic family history that inspired some of his greatest songs.
• Visit David Bowie’s very first primary school and learn of his often rebellious nature from a very early age and a nonconformist outlook that shaped the artist we know and love today.
• See some of Brixton’s wonderful street art including numerous David Bowie paintings scattered throughout Brixton, big and small – can you find them?
• Visit the square and cinema where 1000’s of people paid tribute to a legend shortly after his tragic death on the 11th of January 2016 and relive the moment as your host performs Bowie’s classic 1972 hit, ‘Starman’.
• Learn the history of Jimmy C’s famous David Bowie Mural and the story behind Brian Duffy’s iconic ‘Aladdin sane’ photography that the image is based on.
• Become part of the show by singing along to David Bowie’s classic songs, performed acoustically on route by your host Nick Stephenson!
Here are just a handful of the songs included on this tour: