Join us for an exhilarating musical walk around London’s exciting and fascinating west end. Visit the many spots where David Bowie made Rock and Roll history and learn of his incredible rise to fame!
Be amongst the hustle and bustle of London’s Soho district and learn how a diverse range of famous artists, fashion designers, musicians, actors and writers curved out huge names for themselves throughout the 1960’s and 70’s.
• See the place where David Bowie famously predicted his huge rise to stardom and shocked the world with a controversial statement in a famous interview for Melody Maker.
• Learn about Bowie’s ground breaking fashion statements and outrageous image whilst visiting Soho’s lively Carnaby Street.
• Visit the studio and plaque where David Bowie recorded some of his most famous songs including the album that made him a huge star; The Rise And Fall Of Ziggy Stardust And The Spiders From Mars.
• Down a pint or three in David Bowie’s favourite London pub! Learn of how he nearly quit the music business in favour of a totally different life whilst drinking there…
• Walk down London’s original Tin Pan Ally where a young David Jones and his close friend and rival Marc Bolan would plot their rise to the top!
• Visit the site of the famous Marquee Club where Bowie performed with 6 different bands throughout his career and filmed his iconic Ziggy Stardust extravaganza film ‘The 1980 Floor Show’!
• Hang out at the site of David Bowie’s favourite Soho Club where the singer filmed a music video for MTV and hear wild stories of the famous characters that used to frequent what was known as THE WAG CLUB.
• Stand in the spot where David posed for the cover of his 1972 breakthrough album, ‘Ziggy Stardust’, view the ‘Ziggy’ plaque and learn the strange and fascinating story behind the albums famous sleeve, it’s classic songs and unique concept.
• Become part of the show by singing along to David Bowie’s classic songs, performed acoustically on route by your host Nick Stephenson!
Here are just a handful of the songs included on this tour: